Old 11-20-2008, 03:07 AM   #91
Demeter
Got Savvy?

Demeter
Savvy Black Spot
I love Toe Jam

Tournaments Won: 2

Awards Showcase
Savvy Holiday Party Award 2008 Talk Like a Pirate Day 2008 2007 Savvy Pirates First Birthday Notoriety Level 30 Savvy Holiday Party 2007 Navigators First Place Award 2007 Savvy Quest Talk Like a Pirate Day 
Total Awards: 10
My Mood:
Lego Indiana Jones: [10-12-2008]  - MissMissyLynnDemeter: [10-12-2008]  - MissMissyLynnOrange CatPurple RibbonEasy button
I logged on for the first time tonight for about two hours. I randomly went places and found a few games. I saw a few people, but I didn't know them. I did find Star about five minutes before closing and was able to get him on my list.

I am having a problem with my character loading. I can see everybody else just fine, but I'm black and white with blue sparkles surrounding me. Apparently I looked like that to everybody.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:14 AM   #92
bluepirategrl
Kraken Bait

Bluepirategrl
Savvy Black Spot
I'm so lazy

Awards Showcase
Savvy Holiday Party Award 2008 Talk Like a Pirate Day 2008 2007 Savvy Pirates First Birthday Notoriety Level 20 Savvy Holiday Party 2007 Navigators Talk Like a Pirate Day 
Total Awards: 8
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeter View Post
I logged on for the first time tonight for about two hours. I randomly went places and found a few games. I saw a few people, but I didn't know them. I did find Star about five minutes before closing and was able to get him on my list.

I am having a problem with my character loading. I can see everybody else just fine, but I'm black and white with blue sparkles surrounding me. Apparently I looked like that to everybody.
I look the same way. Thats what I was trying to tell you Met. I can't seem to find anybody. Guess I will have to look harder next time.
bluepirategrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:10 AM   #93
stargate_fan
Half timing, half luck

Wishing Star, Second Star, Fallen Star, Evening Star
Savvy Black Spot
Hoping for a Donald preserver...

Awards Showcase
Notoriety Level 50 Savvy Holiday Party Award 2008 Talk Like a Pirate Day 2008 2007 Savvy Pirates First Birthday Savvy Holiday Party 2007 Navigators 
Total Awards: 7
My Mood:
T.A.R.D.I.S.: [10-12-2008]  - PrivateWishingStar: [10-12-2008]  - PrivateStarfish: [10-13-2008]  - PrivateJust a starVMK Pirate Star
Star DollVMK Logo
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepirategrl View Post
I look the same way. Thats what I was trying to tell you Met. I can't seem to find anybody. Guess I will have to look harder next time.
We should just schedule a get-together. How about everyone looking to meet savvy elves meets at the beach tomorrow (Thursday) evening twenty minutes before closing? 9:40 Eastern. I know no time is going to work for everyone but we can have follow up meetings at other times. It's likely to go a lot better than bouncing from room to room hoping to cross paths with someone, which can get old.

"I like the night. Without the dark, we'd never see the stars." -- Bella Swan
stargate_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 05:47 PM   #94
TeaMonster
Nearly There!

Tea
Savvy Black Spot
Now for some serious grog drinking!

Tournaments Won: 2

Awards Showcase
Savvy Holiday Party Award 2008 Talk Like a Pirate Day 2008 2007 Savvy Pirates First Birthday Notoriety Level 5 Navigators 
Total Awards: 6
Location: Probably more likely in SL.. but you may find me shooting some scorpions every once in a while :P
My Mood:
TeaMonster: [10-12-2008]  - PrivateSmall GhostTeapot: [10-19-2008]  - PrivateParrotCheese
SpamTeacup: [11-11-2008]  - Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeter View Post
Did you send the makers a bug report?

And yeah, we do need to do a meet up... for me it might have to be tomorrow (Friday) as I am possibly DJing tonight. Unless we do a couple of meets today (Thursday) say 8pm and 9:30pm on the beach?
Old 09-30-2010, 01:42 PM   #95
CooledCoyote
How do I use my Voodoo Doll?

Awards Showcase
Savvy Pirates First Birthday Navigators 
Total Awards: 2
My Mood:
Elf Island Closing - Temporarily?

Today is 'VMK Last Day' all over again as Elf Islanders are invited to a midnight party before Xeko\Elf Island closes. This is announced as "temporary", but nobody really knows. A site name change to Xeko, and heavily encouraged to buy stuff, original paying members like myself opting not to signup again and Goodquests lasting longer, and longer waits inbetween quests, I am a little saddened but not surprised.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:06 PM   #96
stargate_fan
Half timing, half luck

Wishing Star, Second Star, Fallen Star, Evening Star
Savvy Black Spot
Hoping for a Donald preserver...

Awards Showcase
Notoriety Level 50 Savvy Holiday Party Award 2008 Talk Like a Pirate Day 2008 2007 Savvy Pirates First Birthday Savvy Holiday Party 2007 Navigators 
Total Awards: 7
My Mood:
T.A.R.D.I.S.: [10-12-2008]  - PrivateWishingStar: [10-12-2008]  - PrivateStarfish: [10-13-2008]  - PrivateJust a starVMK Pirate Star
Star DollVMK Logo
I remember being very impressed at first with the look and feel of the place, but I guess it never really grabbed me. I remember being annoyed when they reduced how much in game cash you got for what seemed like the only mini game with a decent payout, don't even recall now what that was.

It's always sad to see an online community vanish, people scatter to the winds and don't all settle on the same new place to hang out. I suppose it's a risk of trying out anything we don't actually get to buy and run ourselves, got to hope whatever we like has the support to last.

"I like the night. Without the dark, we'd never see the stars." -- Bella Swan
stargate_fan is offline   Reply With Quote